When you are ready to list your Orange County properties you have two choices. There are certain steps that can be taken to ensure the properties will sell or you can make the mistakes the will likely result in the property not selling. Of course, you want your property to sell so here are a few of the mistakes that are made that could affect the sale.
- Many times people become attached to their homes. Once the decision is made to put the Orange County properties on the market, it must be viewed as a commodity. The seller cannot be offended by prospective buyers that are not as enthusiastic about certain aspects of the home as they are.
- The agent you hire to assist you with the sale of the property should be a professional with experience. Allowing relatives who have just gotten their license to take care of this may backfire. If you choose to allow them to handle the sale, make sure they are working with someone with experience.
- Orange County properties should be priced according to the market values. Sellers often price them on what they want to make on the sale. This will usually end badly with the home not selling.
- Do not put Orange County properties on the market before they are ready. The impression that is made will generally determine how quickly the property will sell. Get all the painting and refurbishing completed before listing the property.
- Do not make improvements to the Orange County properties that are over the top. The home should fit in the neighborhood – not stand out to the point that it is known as “that house.” Any upgrades should be in line with what is being done in homes that are comparable to your property.